Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Because you're not THAT GUY"



Okay this commercial bugs me because the guy is "going beyond the call of duty." With this commercial, yes, amusing, he groomed the dog and even put a bow on it--not common for men to do. But eww! I've watched this a few times, and I've come to this conclusion: The "regular guy" that goes to Helzberg instead, is so not appealing...the "regular guy" is lazy! And diamonds are lovely, but I would take domestic labor any day. This commercial says to me: oh she'll love the necklace, you don't have to actually do something that requires over 30 minutes of effort.

Maybe a car, maybe if this was a Lexus bow commercial (you know, the big surprise outside commercials), maybe then I would not be so repulsed. Because that spouse went through at least 3 hours of car bargaining, and the result was a finely tuned automobile. (Joking!)

But in all seriousness, I hate the preconceived duties that men and women have. These sentiments should be changing. It should be an entirely reasonable concept that a male spouse would wash a family pet!

No comments: